For exercises that indicate "each side counts as one repetition", when you perform the right side you count 1 repetition, then left side 2 repetitions and so on. The assigned number of repetitions equals the total number, left and right sides combined.
Example: 20 Lunges = 10 left leg + 10 right leg
Note: If you are assigned an odd number of repetitions (5, 15, 25) you can perform one more repetition to even the load on each side.
Exception: One Repetition of Plank Switch
- Start the exercise with both forearms on the ground (planking position)
- Extend right arm up, and then extend the left arm up
- Move right arm down and then left arm back down into planking position.
The second repetition should then begin with extending the left arm followed by the right arm.
You can also check out our Community Forum if you have other questions regarding specific exercises.
Articles in this section
- Log an exercise, workout or run from the Explore tab
- Log your Coach workout manually
- How to train with the Apple Watch
- Connect Freeletics with Google Fit
- Lose weight with Freeletics
- Freeletics Training Coach
- Get started with Freeletics Training
- Understand Your ‘Weekly Training Update’ Statistics
- Gain muscle with Freeletics
- Choose your Freeletics Training Journey